From an early age, Chris has always enjoyed working with his hands. He first realized this love when he rolled up his sleeves, joined his dad, to help build a 2-story addition for their Northern Virginian family home. Today, Chris truly enjoys working each day to help his clients achieve their dreams with their home's remodeling potentials. Chris loves rising each day doing what he loves.
- Realtor + Property manager prior to seeing the need for quality contractors
- Remodeled SFH homes, Rowhouses, Basement apartments + more
- Treats every client project as if it were his personal project
Chris truly enjoys owning his own business. Call it fate because he never dreamed of doing this - it just happened. Beginning his career as a Realtor/Property manager, Chris readily recognized the need for caring, quality, qualified contractors in the DC area. Thus, in 2005 he decided to take the plunge and open the doors of Dietz Development. Always searching for new ways to improve efficiencies and produce better outcomes for his Client's projects, Dietz Development and sub-contractors. Chris also mentors young, emerging contractors, investors and his two young daughters "the ropes" of running their own business.
- Licensed contractor since 2005
- Licensed in the states of: DC and VA
- EPA-RRP license for lead paint properties
No need for an alarm clock to get him up in the morning, Chris' projects are his caffeine. Chris is constantly educating himself and seeking opportunities to improve outcomes for his Clients' or personal professional foundations. Whether this is him knowing the latest with emerging enviro friendly building practices, new approaches for re-use or up-cycle deconstructed material, leveraging online project management tools, or attending industry shows and educational presentations, Chris is always on the hunt for new material/product finds and improved "best practices" that safeguard time, improve efficiencies, and produce better outcomes for people - places - spaces - and mother earth.
- Member - National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI)
- Board Member, Treasurer + 2017/2019 President, NARI Metro DC
- Member - National Kitchen & Bath Association (NKBA)
- Member - U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC)
- Partner + Donor, Community Forklift non-profit
- Local + National Education Committee member, NARI
Please meet Chris' additional inspirations.